This recipe is adapted from a protein pancake recipe and just increased the amount for healthy bars and baked instead of the griddle. These are super for on the go/travel:
In a medium bowl combine all the following:
• 3 egg whites, scrambled
• 1.5 cups oats, uncooked (or 5 grain cereal, or Bob's Red Mill muesli)
• 2 scoops vanilla Muscle Provider
• 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• pinch sea salt
• 1 cup pumpkin
• enough water to make like a batter
• (1/2 C chopped walnuts, optional)
• (1 T chopped fresh ginger, option, but oh so good!)
Mix all above ingredients together and pour into a greased 8x8 baking pan. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes (seems like the middle bar is aways soft, even when I over baked).
Great for snacks when traveling, skiing, backpacking, biking or after a hard workout!
Thanks to Dina Fine for this great recipe!